Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello Linux world, Despite my I.T boss's assurance to install SME 7.2 config the user accounts and then install 7.4 - I still ran into the naming convention issue of ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

SME 7.1 / 7.2 / 7.4 User password issue

Hello Linux world,

Despite my I.T boss's assurance to install SME 7.2 config the user accounts and then install 7.4 - I still ran into the naming convention issue of not enough characters, 7 minimum are required, for the password on the user accounts, and generally most users are unwilling for any change especially in our training arm.

Is there a work around for this? I have two user / groups with less than the required amount of digits for the required password field for each user.

I'm kinda of stuck at this point, although at least I have had a look around sme and are at least a little bit more familiar with its interface now. I am unfortunatley "green" when it comes to using the command line for linux even though I'm typing this on ubuntu p.c - formerly created by a previous I.T linux guru, who has moved on.

Any insights or solutions would be greatly appreciated, and thankyou very much in advance for a solution if one exists?

Smile this isnt a software issue

I think you should just talk to said usser/groups and tell them they gotta change im shure theyll be fine if not tell the manager and he/she will put them straight. (I hope I got wat you said right) people are usually more flexible than you think.