Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi I need the assistance in logical volume extend. I have been assigned a task for extending logical volume. My customer has a HP SAN connected with Linux HP server ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Need assistence in logical volume extending.

Hi

I need the assistance in logical volume extend. I have been assigned a task for extending logical volume. My customer has a HP SAN connected with Linux HP server might be it having RHEL 4.5 or 5 i have not checked so this SAN has Raid 5 volumes and it is mounted in this box. My customer said he had 4 disks configured as raid 5 now he added a new disk in this array now he want to extend the logical volume of this volume. could you guide me the steps for performing this task.

Thanks & regards
    Charanjit Singh

Whenever I modify the LVM on my server, I use the system graphical tool, 'system-config-lvm'. I've never used it over a raid array, however. You may need to install the tool first, but it should be available through the package manager or yum.
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/

Some BIOS, like mine, have settings that you use for RAID setup, I don't use it or know much about it but it is there. I use an AMI BIOS.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.