Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Thanks jledhead, I will check out the sites you indicate. Where I have come unstuck is say adding a new user with email etc. When we change staff they have ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Thanks jledhead, I will check out the sites you indicate. Where I have come unstuck is say adding a new user with email etc. When we change staff they have to use the old logins and email because my attemps at adding a new user have failed. This is an example of where I need a gui. Our current Clarkconnect has a gui but it doesn't cover all tasks. Regards, Bill

webmin can manage not only the system but the services. we used postifx in the past and I setup webmin to manage the users in postfix (clarkconnect is postfix I believe) so that others in my team would not have to ssh everytime they wanted to add/edit a user. very powerful tool.

Linux Newbie

Smile

Thanks jledhead, I would operate NX Server or Webmin from a windows pc attached to the network. correct??

I have searched my Linux magazine dvd's for a copy of CentOS with no luck. Impractical to download large files as we can pay up to .30c per mb.

I have installed a copy of Clarkconnect 4.1 on a spare pc and it loaded ok but of course it does not give a gui to use - this is where I loose confidence..

If I get hold of CentOS and load same would I then be able to use a GUI??

How could I connect to the new Clarkconnect server with webmin or NX server??

Appreciate a nudge in the right direction and regards, Bill

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    have you tried this for accessing clarkconnect
    https://IP_Address:81

free ubuntu cds shipped (not fast though)
    https://shipit.ubuntu.com/

never used this but there is this site and others like it
    OSDisc.com - Buy Linux CDs and DVDs - New releases. Low prices.

Linux Newbie
    Hi jledhead, found CentOS dvd on fleabay for 99p plus postage. Should take 2 -3 weeks to reach Port Moresby - fast airmail!! prob gets to Singapore or Sydney in 2 days and the rest is to get to Port Moresby and handled by our galant post office team....

Linux Newbie
    Hi jledhead, I have a Clarkconnect 4.3 disc and have installed this onto an old pc with one network card as a Standalone Server. Managed to stumble onto the ip address and used Int Exp to reach the device. What do I do now?? I would like to play with this as our File Server for data. It is asking for a Group name, do I create a new group or should the group be the same as our main group on our server??

Linux Guru
    ClarkConnect has a nice list of help, docs, how to's, etc. including this User Guide.

Linux Newbie
    Thanks HROAdmin26, I have the Clarkconnect .pdf here but it appears to just address the main server. For now all I am trying to do is have a 2nd storage device (pc with hdd's) connected to the network and able to be accessed by the windows xp pc's. I guess I could install windows xp and share the Hdd's - why not?? The device will not need to login to the server??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2