Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi ALL I have currently got a setup where my ubuntu server is part of the AD domain using samba. So a user using their windows PC can access their ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    tqz
    Just Joined!

Samba

Hi ALL

I have currently got a setup where my ubuntu server is part of the AD domain using samba. So a user using their windows PC can access their personal folders on the ubuntu server (which has been mapped to a drive on their PC) once they have logged on to their computer.

My question is, if however the windows server failed for whatever reason, how can i get the users to access their personal folders on the ubuntu server using their windows PC?

Thanks for any help in advance!

t.

Just Joined!
    Hi,

If you no longer have the AD Domain, it is necessary to create local users in Linux and add the Samba.

You can use:
    # smbpasswd -a username

I think that will help.

Leandro

tqz
    Just Joined!
    Hello lcoronato

Thank you very much for your response - greatly appreciated! Sorry for the late response, have been so busy doing other things have not had a chance to look into this problemo, until this morning!

Yes, making the windows user a linux and samba user with the same password, as well as minor amendments to the samba config files did the trick!

Thanks again for all your help!

t.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close