Find the answer to your Linux question:
At the moment I'm using tcp-env rather than tcpserver to handle incoming tcp-connections for qmail. Thusfar this has been working quite nicely, but I need to add a program to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Setting additional environment values with tcp-env

At the moment I'm using tcp-env rather than tcpserver to handle incoming tcp-connections for qmail. Thusfar this has been working quite nicely, but I need to add a program to the chain that will decide whether or not qmail-smtpd will receive the connection or not. No problem there, I can add the program to the arguments for tcp-env.

The problem is that the added program requires a number of environment variables to be set before it actually does anything. I know tcpserver has rulefiles that you can create, where you can set environment variables for certain IP-addresses. Although I would prefer being able to assign variables for seperate IP-addresses, I'd already be happy if I can set the variables for all incoming connections. Anyone has any idea whether this is possible for tcp-env?

[EDIT]
    I've been looking into this a bit more and found out that I can edit the hosts.allow file in /etc/ to have a line similar to this:

tcp-env : ip-address : setenv RELAYCLIENT

However, I have a variable that needs to receive a string, anyone has any idea how to put that in there?
    [/EDIT]
    Last edited by morfanaion; 08-10-2009 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Followup