Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Hi, Output for netstat looks fine. It's listening on all interfaces Which distro are you using? Are you able to receive mail from one local user to other? If yes, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Hi,

Output for netstat looks fine. It's listening on all interfaces

Which distro are you using? Are you able to receive mail from one local user to other? If yes, then I assume most of the config is almost perfect and the problem exists just for mails from external domains. If no, then something silly has been overlooked since local mails (users on same local server) work with minimum config. Possibly some excerpts from the maillog file would help. You could perhaps attach the log file

Wat's the content of /etc/hosts? The webmin entry shows that it's configured for coldtouch24.co.uk whereas the error you have mentioned points to fmasterstcoldtouch24.co.uk. Seems to be two totally different domains.

--Syd

Just Joined!
    the fmastercoldtouch24.co.uk should of been an email addresss of fmaster@coldtouch24.co.uk. I have tried sending mail from one account to another locally via webmin and nothing arrives it was working via the command line though.

i have attached the log file for the mail for you as requested

127.0.0.1 localhost
    127.0.1.1 coldtouch24 coldtouch24

# The following lines are desirable for IPv6 capable hosts
    ::1 localhost ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
    fe00::0 ip6-localnet
    ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix
    ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
    ff02::2 ip6-allrouters
    ff02::3 ip6-allhosts
    Attached Files Attached Files

Just Joined!
    Hi,

One thing your log reflects is
    "fatal: parameter "smtpd_recipient_restrictions": specify at least one working instance of: check_relay_domains, reject_unauth_destination, reject, defer or defer_if_permit" I assume your using postfix and I havent worked with postfix so .... This might or might not be related to the problem you are facing.

Next, your domain is coldtouch24.co.uk and your MX for coldtouch24.co.uk should map to mail.coldtouch24.co.uk. In your webmin config, when configuring this MX entry your have possibly missed a trailing period (.) The MX should read mail.coldtouch24.co.uk. (notice the trailing period after the word uk) when setting it up in webmin. If your miss out on this dot, the domain is appended to the entry you make for MX. Try that out because a vaildation check of your MX gives

Validation results

error: Recipient rejected

canonical address: <fmaster@coldtouch24.co.uk>

MX records
    preference exchange IP address (if included)
    10 mail.coldtouch24.co.uk.coldtouch24.co.uk [0.0.0.0] (My remark: this is not what ur MX should be, rite?
    20 mx1.123-reg.co.uk [0.0.0.0]
    550 This domain is not hosted here
    [Address has been rejected]

This could ideally be the problem as I see it to be...

--Syd
    Last edited by syd05; 08-26-2009 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Some addition

have you googled the error?

can you post the specific part of main.cf where you have smtpd_recipient_restrictions defined.

Just Joined!
    hope this is what you are looking for:

i dont seem to have anythingg on in the main.cf file with what your asking for. only in the master.cf file

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2