Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have created an intranet site in PHP and perl that uses PKI authentication and is on a Apache webserver. I need to control access to to certain areas of ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Apache Acces control list

I have created an intranet site in PHP and perl that uses PKI authentication and is on a Apache webserver.

I need to control access to to certain areas of the site and do not want to use a password approach.

Is it possible by using apache, or more specifically a htaccess file to read a text file that contains a list of authorised users. So something like:

SSLRequire %{SSL_CLIENT_S_DN_CN} in {Read text file of authorised users}

Is this possible?

Also I would like to obtain the first 5 chars of the SSL_CLIENT_S_DN_CN and compare this against the named user list. So in using the above example:

SSLRequire %{First 5 chars of the SSL_CLIENT_S_DN_CN} in {"bobsm", "tomsm", "pauls"}

Again is this possible?

If not is there any other way to control user access to specific directories or would I have to create a PHP script to do all this?

Thanks in advance

Just Joined!
    Not out of the box, but it should be trivial to modify one of the existing auth_ mods to do what you need.