Find the answer to your Linux question:
I would like to get feedback on moving from our Domino/Lotus Notes email system on windows servers to an email system on a linux server. I think IBM is getting ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Lotus Notes to Linux based email system

I would like to get feedback on moving from our Domino/Lotus Notes email system on windows servers to an email system on a linux server. I think IBM is getting expensive on the annual licensing and maintenance fees.

Is this a reasonable decision to give up lotus notes for another email system?
    What is available for linux that would handle multiple servers in multiple domains for 300+ users?

We would prefer to stay away from Outlook and Exchange. We are considering a possible migration away from Microsoft eventually.

We have just begun our experience with linux. We have recently installed a few linux boxes to handle our accounting, operational, spam, data warehousing, and other applications. Any recommendations, tips, or references would be appreciated to help me start my research into this possibility.

Thanks!

Basicaly, sendmail, qmail or postfix will handle a system like that, something such as curiour-imap would be useful, alowing users to access the mail from anywhere, or you can use one of the many pop3 tansports out thier. The core of the system in the end is the MTA. Sendmail was the original, and possibly the most powerful, qmail is probably the simplest, and postfix is just an alternative. In the end e-mail is hevily standardized, so a Linux e-mail server is compatable with any e-mail client that supports imap or pop3, or whatever protocol you install. Linux greatest strenght is its scalability and customization. you can accomplish most whatever you want. Throw in SpamAsassin, and your system is mainly completl. Something like fetchmail can be handy also, pulling mail from another pop3 or imap server into a local mail directory. If you have a more specific question, please feel free to post with more specifc questions.
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333

Just Joined!

Linux mail/groupware to co-exist with Lotus Notes

Hi,
    Need some advice here.
    I am looking for a linux-based email/groupware solution that can co-exists with our Headquarter's Lotus Notes/Domino. Primary objective is to be able to access doclink, calendar/meeting room resources, etc.
    Thanks.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close