Find the answer to your Linux question:
I installed php5 on fedora 10.I have a php script i am writing but the pages are blank.When I phpinfo() I get :whats below but my pages are all blank.any ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

PHP pages show blank

I installed php5 on fedora 10.I have a php script i am writing but the pages are blank.When I phpinfo() I get :whats below but my pages are all blank.any ideas?

Build Date Apr 17 2009 03:29:46
    Configure Command './configure' '--build=i386-redhat-linux-gnu' '--host=i386-redhat-linux-gnu' '--target=i386-redhat-linux-gnu' '--program-prefix=' '--prefix=/usr' '--exec-prefix=/usr' '--bindir=/usr/bin' '--sbindir=/usr/sbin' '--sysconfdir=/etc' '--datadir=/usr/share' '--includedir=/usr/include' '--libdir=/usr/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/libexec' '--localstatedir=/var' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--cache-file=../config.cache' '--with-libdir=lib' '--with-config-file-path=/etc' '--with-config-file-scan-dir=/etc/php.d' '--disable-debug' '--with-pic' '--disable-rpath' '--without-pear' '--with-bz2' '--with-curl' '--with-exec-dir=/usr/bin' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr' '--with-png-dir=/usr' '--with-xpm-dir=/usr' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--with-t1lib=/usr' '--without-gdbm' '--with-gettext' '--with-gmp' '--with-iconv' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr' '--with-openssl' '--with-pcre-regex=/usr' '--with-zlib' '--with-layout=GNU' '--enable-exif' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-magic-quotes' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-sysvsem' '--enable-sysvshm' '--enable-sysvmsg' '--enable-wddx' '--with-kerberos' '--enable-ucd-snmp-hack' '--enable-shmop' '--enable-calendar' '--without-mime-magic' '--without-sqlite' '--with-libxml-dir=/usr' '--enable-xml' '--with-system-tzdata' '--with-apxs2=/usr/sbin/apxs' '--without-mysql' '--without-gd' '--disable-dom' '--disable-dba' '--without-unixODBC' '--disable-pdo' '--disable-xmlreader' '--disable-xmlwriter' '--disable-json' '--without-pspell'
    Server API Apache 2.0 Handler
    Virtual Directory Support disabled
    Configuration File (php.ini) Path /etc
    Loaded Configuration File /etc/php.ini
    Scan this dir for additional .ini files /etc/php.d
    additional .ini files parsed /etc/php.d/dbase.ini, /etc/php.d/json.ini, /etc/php.d/ldap.ini, /etc/php.d/mysql.ini, /etc/php.d/mysqli.ini, /etc/php.d/pdo.ini, /etc/php.d/pdo_mysql.ini, /etc/php.d/pdo_sqlite.ini, /etc/php.d/zip.ini
    PHP API 20041225
    PHP Extension 20060613
    Zend Extension 220060519
    Debug Build no
    Thread Safety disabled
    Zend Memory Manager enabled
    IPv6 Support enabled
    Registered PHP Streams php, file, data, http, ftp, compress.bzip2, compress.zlib, https, ftps, zip
    Registered Stream Socket Transports tcp, udp, unix, udg, ssl, sslv3, sslv2, tls
    Registered Stream Filters string.rot13, string.toupper, string.tolower, string.strip_tags, convert.*, consumed, convert.iconv.*, bzip2.*, zlib.*

Just Joined!
    Check your apache server log. It will help you to solve this problem.

Just Joined!
    Did you include:

LoadModule php5_module modules/libphp5.so
    AddHandler php5-script .php
    AddType text/html .php

in your config? And restarted?

Did you name your test file <something>.php?

Just Joined!
    Seeing as phpinfo works but your other php pages don't, it could be there's an error in your script and it's not displaying because errors aren't on. Put this this in your .htaccess to turn errors on:

php_flag display_errors on

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    Or in your script add the following lines at the beginning to turn errors on. Remove them before you go live though

error_reporting(E_ALL);
    ini_set('display_errors', 1);
    What do we want?
    Time machines!

When do we want 'em?
    Doesn't really matter does it!?

The Fifth Continent