Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
thanks coopstah13 for your reply. parallelism is achieved via server.xml. based on my server.xml content (in my first post) how can achieve 1000TPS if i have more than one cpu ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

thanks coopstah13 for your reply.
    parallelism is achieved via server.xml.
    based on my server.xml content (in my first post) how can achieve 1000TPS if i have more than one cpu doing this job.
    in other words if i wont have hardware as limitation,what configuration i have to choose to get 1000TPS. can i do this simply by configuring my server.xml or i have to do something else to achieve that!
    Linux is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genious to understand the simplicaity - Dennis Ritchie

Basically you need enough threads to keep the CPU busy, too little and you can't max out CPU, too many and you will have lots of threads waiting on CPU time. Unfortunately for performance stuff there is no config perfect for all setups, you will have to play around with it to determine what works best for you. Also, any reason for using jdk 1.4? There are likely performance issues in the jdk that were fixed in later versions on top of all the new features the new jdk's provide.

so have to test different config of server.xml
    no there is no special reason i am using jdk 1.4!
    can upgrading jdk,may solve this query or are there any possibility
    Linux is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genious to understand the simplicaity - Dennis Ritchie

I don't think JDK 1.4 is even supported anymore. The latest JDK is 1.6 so you might as well use that since there could be performance improvements.

so whats your recommendations where should i look to get these results.
    can i just restrict myself to server.xml file or try somthing else

you can also try changing parameters for the JVM running the web server, perhaps you need more heap, there are lots of things you can try, but as I said, since you have saturated a resource, there is little you can do except add more of that resource

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2