Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
giro why don't you lighten up once in awhile?...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

giro
    why don't you lighten up once in awhile?

hey yall, chill out, Giro is just saying that you should be respectful of the fact that the creator of this thread had a question, its fine to have light hearted fun, its just kinda a post hijack.

To address the question, basicaly you would need to restart the httpd dameon as giro said, but since the machine should stay up, it would only be a matter of a few seconds (if even) that the server would not respond to http request. (I'm assuming that if you are hosting several sites, your box is powerful enough to have a short startup time for the apache server)
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333

Quote Originally Posted by qub333
    its fine to have light hearted fun, its just kinda a post hijack.
    That is why, Im not being a bore just its a common rule on all forums im supprised a mod let it go that far. If you want to post rubbish that is not related to the post, Post it in the Lounge thats what its for. Keep the posts nice and clean then people get what they want without pointless additions.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by Giro
    Quote Originally Posted by qub333
    its fine to have light hearted fun, its just kinda a post hijack.
    That is why, Im not being a bore just its a common rule on all forums im supprised a mod let it go that far. If you want to post rubbish that is not related to the post, Post it in the Lounge thats what its for. Keep the posts nice and clean then people get what they want without pointless additions.
    Sure, that may be true, but I've seen every post you've made since I came to this forum and you're consistently grumpy in every one. I'm with Lakerdonald on this one; lighten up.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Again, grumpy vs no grumpy vs stoned out of his mind, please keep this thread to the question at hand.

--

I realized this not long after i made my post, what exactly are the problems that you are having with your sites? Linux + Apache generaly run into a miniscule amount of uptime errors (ie, something failing simply because it was working for a long time) there is almost always a definative reason. can you describe the problem? we can probably help you patch it to where the server wont need to be restarted for something that might just be a max_connection=5 or something simple like that.
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2