Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all, newbie here. I was given a list of 120 virtual server IP Addresses that were never documented when they were set up. My job is to find out ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Virtual Server IP Address Question

Hi all, newbie here. I was given a list of 120 virtual server IP Addresses that were never documented when they were set up. My job is to find out who the owner is and what name was given to each server. First I pinged them all to make sure they were up and running. I work in a Windows environment so the Windows virtual servers were easy - I entered the IP into my browser and pulled up the information I needed. 27 of the virtual servers turned out to be on Linux boxes.

How do I find out the owner and server information on the Linux boxes? Is there an app that help me? I run Windows 7. My first thought was to install Linux as a Windows app. Supposedly it can be done. I tried portable Ubuntu then found out it will not run on Win 7. I also tried the DOS version and came out the same.

Anyone have any have an idea how to go about this?

Thanks!!!
    M

you can take a look at nmap... it has meny options to find aout about network machines :
    see: Nmap - Free Security Scanner For Network Exploration & Security Audits.