Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, when I try to start MySQL it fails with the following log file entries ... 091002 00:35:35 mysqld started 091002 0:35:37 InnoDB: Started; log sequence number 0 8740736 091002 ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

MySQL wont start

Hi,

when I try to start MySQL it fails with the following log file entries ...

091002 00:35:35 mysqld started
    091002 0:35:37 InnoDB: Started; log sequence number 0 8740736
    091002 0:35:37 [ERROR] Fatal error: Can't open and lock privilege tables: Table 'mysql.host' doesn't exist
    091002 00:35:37 mysqld ended

My my.cnf is

[mysqld]
    set-variable = max_connections=300
    safe-show-database

and is found in /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/my.cnf. MySQL was installed as part of Cpanel but Ive broken it somehow (we dont use it but wish to add a site that does) ...

Anyone?

Thanks
    Mike

Hi ,
    It seems that on your server you are providing INNODB support too. I have seen in many cases that this will cause this issue. It won't start untill or unless you upload the fresh or backup of INNODB tables. You can skip innodb database. There is a way to do force recovery but I will not suggest you to do it, since it may break some more innodb database. The best way to fix this issue to find out which innodb table is causing the issue and upload the backup of that table. But this will be a hard task to do.
    You can try starting mysql with the skip-innodb option and see the result and do let me know if it fix your problem also update the error message.