Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, We are using a linux server for our joomla site and a wordpress blog. The domain name was case sensitive which was default nature of the linux server. But ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Case senstive URL's: Linux Server

Hi,

We are using a linux server for our joomla site and a wordpress blog. The domain name was case sensitive which was default nature of the linux server. But the query string passed on the URL are rewrited the Query string are case insensitve. Please let us know the steps to made to make our query string as case sensitive. If i need to change any server setting to acheive this. I have most of the servers working with case senisitive for the query string.

domain names are never case sensitive, it is only what comes after them that is case sensitive

coopstah13 is right about the domain names, never case sensitive.

as far as a query string, I would imagine that all depends on how your intepreting it. the reason things are case sensitive in linux is because the file system is case sensitive. if you are passing variables, your scripts need to handle (or ignore) the case. so I am guessing you are talking about the the stuff after ? like www.testingsite.com/test.php?somevariABle

if thats what you are talking about, look at your script, it has nothing to do with the os or server

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close