Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey guys, I'm trying to better understand the way one our clients servers are setup. I'm not quite the linux networking guru, but I understand most of the basics. Web ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Fluctuating IP Addresses

Hey guys,

I'm trying to better understand the way one our clients servers are setup. I'm not quite the linux networking guru, but I understand most of the basics. Web development is my main field.

My goal is to find the root of this fluctuating client IP problem.

Anyway, the issue that we're having is that the web server that I'm connecting to thinks that my IP is fluctuating between our assigned ISP IP address, and another IP address where my VPN is connected to (so my ip goes from 69.x.x.x to 207.x.x.x when connecting to the server). Sometimes it even shows my VPN IP (192.168.x.x). I believe it only affects users who are on the VPN as well since the server is a private administrative console.

This leads to problems like users being logged out after a few minutes because of the way I've setup the website. Tokens are generated upon login and stored in a database associated with an ip address. If that IP address is constantly changing, then you're no longer valid and get kicked out.

If you guys have any suggestions on where to start looking first, that would be fantastic!

Just Joined!
    i m no networking guru either ... will it help to reprogram the webpage so that it takes not the IP but the MAC address of the users?