Find the answer to your Linux question:
Im a relitive newbie when it comes to linux. all i know is what i've messed with at school/personal use. Now im trying to setup a LAMP server with WordPress ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Exclamation Postfix sending on port 25 or 587, major headache...

Im a relitive newbie when it comes to linux. all i know is what i've messed with at school/personal use. Now im trying to setup a LAMP server with WordPress blogging php script. The script sends an e-mail with your password once you sign up.

My problem is that i have ATT yahoo internet and they block port 25. I can give anyone who wants a look at it the link, they wont let me post it here because im new.

I have attatched my master.cf and main.cf to see if anyone has ideas on how to make this work. My blog is essentialy crippled since i cannot have new uses sign up.

main.cf.txt

master.cf.txt

Does anyone have ideas on this?

Unfortunately, you can't do anything to bypass that other than use a relayhost or host your server somewhere else.

A relay host is another mail server that will allow you to forward all your outgoing mail to them and they will relay it for you.

Your Internet provider will have a mail server that you should be able to use. Once you find out what it is, in your main.cf file, you will need to add:

Code:
    relayhost = smtp.myrelayprovider.com
    Note: If you use a relayhost that is not your Internet provider's, you will need one that uses a custom port.