Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, Im noob to postfix. I have managed with great effort, to setup a postfix mail server with dovecot, postfixadmin, apache2 and webmin with a MySQL database and it all ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Relay email from internal postfix server to postfix gateway/smarthost server

Hi, Im noob to postfix.

I have managed with great effort, to setup a postfix mail server with dovecot, postfixadmin, apache2 and webmin with a MySQL database
    and it all works. I can create mulitple domains and emails addresses for each domain. Emails are coming in and going out just fine.

I want to setup a client with a similar server and they want to do large internal emailing and for outgoing mail,
    they must use my postfix mail server. I have been reading oreilly_postfix_the_definitive_guide and The Book of Postfix - State
    of The Art Message Transport, all week and stil not getting the results Im looking for.

Could someone please help!! I have looked at all the posts I could find and tried them all. I just cant seem to get comms across.

If you could please post some detailed information, such as if I need to create the same domains and users on both servers. The configurations
    for main.cf, master.cf and any other changes. I'll post my config files when needed.

Thanks again.

Adrian

adding a smarthost in postfix is as easy as adding this to your main.cf
    relayhost = your.gateway.com

the next step would be deciding on how to handle this mail on the gateway machine