Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, Currently my company operates using an ageing Redhat Mail server using Sendmail. What I am currently looking for is an all in one mail server solution. Preferbly Open Source ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Lightbulb All in One Mail Server solution?

Hello,

Currently my company operates using an ageing Redhat Mail server using Sendmail.

What I am currently looking for is an all in one mail server solution. Preferbly Open Source but thats not a deciding factor.

It is not a large company and we would rather not look at uterlising MS Exchange, but would perfer a Linux based solution.

I have looked at:

Kerio MailServer | Kerio

and I am currently going to install it and have a fiddle with it.

But the general bits that Kerio Mail Server offers is what I am after.

I.e:
    • A nice GUI for conguration and monitoring.

• Webbased view of mail.

• Calender/Address book syncrohnisation

• Anything else is a plus.

So my question is, is do any of you guys ether have experience with Kerio or know of something else that could do the job - maybe better?

Thanks,

Linux Guru
    After using more than a few, Zimbra has been my favorite for a few years now.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by HROAdmin26 View Post
    After using more than a few, Zimbra has been my favorite for a few years now.
    Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion, I am currently downloading the Open Source version to see what it is like.

I assume that this still allows me to use Outlook (or Apple Mail) as the default Desktop Application?

Also what version do you run, as the Network version seems to be the one to have as I would love to have Mobile access (iPhone, WM).

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by stuaz View Post
    Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion, I am currently downloading the Open Source version to see what it is like.

I assume that this still allows me to use Outlook (or Apple Mail) as the default Desktop Application?

Also what version do you run, as the Network version seems to be the one to have as I would love to have Mobile access (iPhone, WM).
    Zimbra Client Compatibility

I use the Open Source and have used both my Palm Treo and Blackberry to access Zimbra via the web interface. The login page has an option for a "Mobile" interface. I am still on a version of 5, but I see that a newer AJAX'ed Mobile interface is in version 6.

* The AJAX'ed web interface is so complete/useful that I don't even use a "fat" e-mail client any more. I only use the web interface.