Find the answer to your Linux question:
hello everyone i have a samba share running on linux machine. I have a client machine running MAC OS.I wanna connect my MAC machine to samba server by using system ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

adding a user to samba share

hello everyone
    i have a samba share running on linux machine. I have a client machine running MAC OS.I wanna connect my MAC machine to samba server by using system username/password of mac machine.
    like if i have a a user named "temp" on mac OS with password "temp".i want to connect to samba with these username password without changing password on samba machine by smbpassd.is it possible.
    thanks for your consideration
    Linux is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genious to understand the simplicaity - Dennis Ritchie

Not possible.
    How would the linux machine know about username and/or password changes on the mac machine?

Possibly the easiest way is to create new users/passwords on the linux machine for samba access and hand them to the appropiate people.

thanks Irithori for your reply.
    could you please tell me how to synchronize system users on server with samba.
    like if i have a user temp123 on server.is there any possible way of adding this user to samba without changing its password?
    Linux is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genious to understand the simplicaity - Dennis Ritchie