Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi all guys ,i installed postfix to use my own mail server ther is no problem incoming mails but when i tried to send mail anyone postfix can not deliver ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

postfix outgoing mails

hi all guys ,i installed postfix to use my own mail server ther is no problem incoming mails but when i tried to send mail anyone postfix can not deliver the mail

this is looping part of "mail.log" file

Code:
    Dec 13 03:25:44 ubuntu postfix/smtp[7979]: fatal: specify a password table via the `smtp_sasl_password_maps' configuration parameter
    Dec 13 03:25:45 ubuntu postfix/master[7964]: warning: process /usr/lib/postfix/smtp pid 7979 exit status 1
    Dec 13 03:25:45 ubuntu postfix/master[7964]: warning: /usr/lib/postfix/smtp: bad command startup --throttling
    thanks.

Just Joined!
    problem solved
    i'd like to share solution for who may need it

first of all, Cause of cant send mails any mail except local ones is my isp blocks 25. port ,thats why i decided to use a relay host u can choose one of free smtp servers for this ,like smtp.live.com(hotmail) or smtp.gmail.com(google) but here's the thing i'd like to say

1-update the roots certificates ,
    google "using-gmail-for-outbound-email" this link is really usefull for configuration

2-be carefull about exatcly the same adress lines ,in main.cf file and in sasl_passwd (this is the password file to connect gmail or hotmail smtp servers)

i mean if your entry in main.cf

relay_host = [smtp.live.com]:587

this must be in sasl_passwd

[smtp.live.com]:587 user_name@hotmail.com:your_hotmail_password

pay attention to parenthesis

the last thing is i recomend u guys hotmail as smtp server because gmail rewrite the "from" parts of mails ,hotmail doesnt touch anything

by the way im using dynamic ip to connect internet i mean this is my local home server and local domain for enjoy ,configurations may be different for real domains