Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have two dns setup server (ns1 and ns2). One in my network and one on Amazon. I verify my domain in intoDNS: checks DNS and mail servers health and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

dns resolve to wrong ip

I have two dns setup server (ns1 and ns2). One in my network and one on Amazon. I verify my domain in intoDNS: checks DNS and mail servers health and check if all was ok.

However, there was an error on my ns2. Here is the error

Looks like the A records (the GLUE) got from the parent zone check are different than the ones got from your nameservers. You have to make sure your parent server has the same NS records for your zone as you do.I detected some problems as follows:
    For ns2.domain.com the parent reported: ['174.129.220.201] and your nameservers reported: ['174.129.220.50']
    NOTE: This is not my real ip

My ns2.domain.com is 174.129.220.50 but I don't know why most servers still recognize 174.129.220.201 where in fact I have already setup ns2.domain.com to 174.129.220.50 in my primary dns and in the domain registration where I pointed ns2.domain.com to 174.129.220.50.

Could this still be on my server? I'm using b.root-servers.net as my root servers.

How much time has gone by since you updated the you glue records? Sometime this can take some time depending on your register. Without knowing the true domain and IP Address it is hard to make any calls as I cannot look up this information.

Regards
    Robert

Linux
    The adventure of a life time.

Linux User #296285
    Get Counted

Linux Newbie
    Hi Lazydog,

the domain is philonline.com

So you mean I can edit the glue record on parent ?

Linux Newbie
    If I'm not mistaken. Glue records is the ip address of the name server I entered when I register a domain. If yes, its been a month that I entered the new ip address of my 2nd name server but still it sees the old ip of the 2nd name server.

Looks like everything is working. Did you do something?

Regards
    Robert

Linux

Linux User #296285
    Get Counted

Linux Newbie
    I didn't do anything. How did you tell that everything is working? I tried to check again to these ff site and they still report the same error:

intoDNS: checks DNS and mail servers health
    DNS Quick Check - Online DNS Report Tool - Enter the domain to test realtime, Test your DNS delegation, DNS Servers, Mail and Web Servers, Network Admins, Webmasters, Hosting
    DNS Report, DNS Validator, DNS Check, MX Check, Server Monitoring | DNSSniffer.com

I remember before I have setup also a dns server and I ask my boss's secretary to change the glue record of my ns2 on the domain registration and it went fine. However, I decided again to migrate my ns2 to another server and then these things happen.

My mistake, I see what I was doing, working on too many things a one time.

While you have changed the NS record did you change the glue records also? This is where the problem is it looks like

Regards
    Robert

Linux

Linux User #296285
    Get Counted