Find the answer to your Linux question:
hello, this is not so Linux related but I think this is a great forum... at my work we have a small ftp site and I have no problem uploading ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

accessing ftp site

hello, this is not so Linux related but I think this is a great forum...

at my work we have a small ftp site and I have no problem uploading and downloading files. My problem is our customers (the ones that insist on using Internet Explorer) have trouble downloading the files. The industry I am in is not very computer savvy and I can't really tell them to just change there ways...

so my question is: What is the easiest way for people to download those files? Filezilla is fine for me but for those that are not used to looking at something like that it is not a very good solution. I am interested in hearing about application that are free or even if it is an application with a small cost. As my industry moves towards being more and more digital this is going to be a bigger and bigger problem.

PS // the files that we tend to be access are usually PDF and anywhere from 10MB up to 100MB. Too large to email to some clients.

Thanks for your help...

IE shouldn't be the main issue here. Does your FTP server requires authentication ?