Find the answer to your Linux question:
Helllo! While setting up my first mail server with postfix, I ran into a very unusual problem (at least for me) Users on my computer can send and recieve mails ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

postfix won't recieve mails from other than my server!

Helllo!
    While setting up my first mail server with postfix, I ran into a very unusual problem (at least for me)
    Users on my computer can send and recieve mails from each other. They can even send mails to other adresses. At first I would have mails returned when I try to send a mail, say from my Yahoo account, to a users on my server. But I had that fixed and now I do not have any messages for undelivered mails, but I do not recieve then on my server. Is it a problem of DNSs not yet updated around the world? Or is there another possible problem?

how long has this problem existed? if ony a few hours, then dns resolution and MX record creation are likely culprits, but also make sure hat your hole machine knows its name. not just postfix.
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333

Just Joined!
    make sure you check your config. make sure its not only relaying it to the localhost; open up a terminal, then type "vi (whatever the mail config is.)" search for 127.0.0.1. If you find it, read the info the config gives you- most likely it will ask you to deliminate that line so you can accept messages and send them. i had the same problem.