Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm really new to this type of thing really. Always been a programmer, and should've stuck to that. Anyhow I'm stuck, any help? When I go to a certain folder ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Apache config screwed up?

I'm really new to this type of thing really. Always been a programmer, and should've stuck to that. Anyhow I'm stuck, any help?

When I go to a certain folder on my server (via) - it shows all the .php files as blank. If I create them myself (through webmin or ssh ssh/ftp - it is a go.) Although I can't create or upload manually the billion files I have.

In a folder called /session/ is where I have the problem. Here is a screenshot of the permissions. can anyone tell me how to get session to match the other ones? They are 770, it's root.

Screen attached.. also put up my httpd.conf so you can review.

Thanks

Error Log
    Code:
    [client 66.249.71.241] Directory index forbidden by Options directive: /var/www/html/
    There no .htaccess files causing this. DirectoryIndex set up for php as well.

httpd.conf - See attachment!

Screenshot - See attachment!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

it cannot be 770 AND owned by user root and group root. Apache cannot read into the directory, which is the user the web service runs as. change the permission or give the apache user/group read access or change to (774)
    linux user # 503963

Just Joined!
    When I change to 744, no fix. Also, how to do I change that /root as the owner for session, is that normal?

i think that 770 is an actual user ID. what are the permissions on the folders, including /var/www/html?
    linux user # 503963

Just Joined!
    This is just odd. No permissions for /session/ ?

See attachments please.
    Attached Images Attached Images

its going to need permissions then, if you can assign them. i don't use webmin for very many things, but if you can get a shell and go to that directory you need to do:
    Code:
    cd /var/www/html
    chmod 755 session
    also check the files permissions inside of session, if its all messed up:
    Code:
    chmod 644 /var/www/html/session/*
    if there are any directories inside of session, you can change those appropriately.
    linux user # 503963