Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am using Unbunto desktop and installed "likewise open" so that my linux client can access windows active directory(join the domain). On server side i have windows 2003 server. On ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

In Likewiseopen active directory linux user has access to all user profile

I am using Unbunto desktop and installed "likewise open" so that my linux client can access windows active directory(join the domain). On server side i have windows 2003 server. On windows 2003 server in active directory i have assigned each user a disk space.
    I have sucessfully joined linux (ubunto) box to the active directory domain but my linux box has access (& it can use) to all other user diskpace ( they can browse other users) and when i joined windows xp client with the same server it works properly( xp client cant access or use other diskpace).
    Please help / guide me how to resolve the fault.

where did you allocate the disk space, on the windows server machine and then shared, or on the linux machine?

Just Joined!
    On server machine, Active directory -> user profile
    when i am accessing from windows client its working correctly (showing z drive) and when accessing from linux its causing above problem

Linux User
    It shows how secure your AD Server is ...

Quote Originally Posted by maurangzeb View Post
    On server machine, Active directory -> user profile
    when i am accessing from windows client its working correctly (showing z drive) and when accessing from linux its causing above problem
    thats not a linux problem then. like said above, your window server sounds misconfigured.

Just Joined!

@jledhead, you did not get my question

If i have misconfigured windows 2003 server then why my xp windows machine acting perfectly, only linux machine is causing fault.

jledhead is right.
    The ressources (diskspace) are on the windows server side, therefore the permissions have to be enforced there.

The clients can only use, what the server permits them to use.

While configuring likewise open, the linux accounts maybe have been assigned too many rights. Are they maybe in a administrative group?
    You must always face the curtain with a bow.