Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, Yesturday all of a sudden my wired connection (Auto eth0) stopped working and apache2 wont work either as I can no longer connect to localhost it just loads and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Apache2 + Network Manager not working!

Hi,

Yesturday all of a sudden my wired connection (Auto eth0) stopped working and apache2 wont work either as I can no longer connect to localhost it just loads and loads until it times out.

When I restart apache i get this msg:

Code:
    * Restarting web server apache2                                                
    apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 127.0.0.1 for ServerName
     ... waiting apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 127.0.0.1 for ServerName
    I have been searching the net for a solution to fix the network manager and came across this:
    Code:
    Code:

installed file  /etc/network/interfaces –looks like this…. 

auto lo 
    iface lo inet loopback 

edit  /etc/network/interfaces to look like this… 

auto eth0 
    iface eth0 inet dhcp 

save that and connect; you may have to reboot
    I have done the above but now my connection works sometimes but my NetworkManager never shows the wired connection icon and always says "NetworkManager is not running"??

This is really anoying...only thing I can think of is that I have recently installed apache but it was all working fine till the other day.

Main thing is apache works for me as i can deal with having no wired icon

Please help me I have left posts on other forums but no one will help!

Just Joined!
    Ok I have reversed the changes that I made in the last post and everything seems to work.....strange!

Well its fixed now