Find the answer to your Linux question:
i downloaded the mysql-5.1.44 source & when I am trying to install it.............i just cant install.........please give me the process for its installation...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Red face My SQL installation problem

i downloaded the mysql-5.1.44 source & when I am trying to install it.............i just cant install.........please give me the process for its installation

Which error does it throw? Have you installed build-essential package? It contains all packages necessary to compile packages from source.

I would suggest you to install packages through Package Manager only. Its not easy to compile packages from source. Mysql package is available in Sources and you should not compile it from source unless you have specific reason.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

mzv
    Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio_helder2002 View Post
    i downloaded the mysql-5.1.44 source & when I am trying to install it.............i just cant install.........please give me the process for its installation
    What Linux distribution do you use?

Just Joined!

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by mzv View Post
    What Linux distribution do you use?
    i use ubuntu && kubuntu both 9.04....i want to use GUI based MySQL server

As I mentioned earlier, its not easy to install packages without internet connection.
    If you have access to machine having internet connection ( OS in that machine doesn't matter ), you can download packages in that machine and install in yours.

Check this thread.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First