Find the answer to your Linux question:
I just migrated some wordpress blogs from one data center to another. I'm running Cent OS 32 bit Apache apparently isn't properly configured with PHP, because when I try to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

SQL Problem on CENT OS, please help!

I just migrated some wordpress blogs from one data center to another. I'm running Cent OS 32 bit

Apache apparently isn't properly configured with PHP, because when I try to execute any PHP scripts via browser, I get a php file download, and everything is viewable.

So I installed Litespeed, so disabling Apache and switching to Litespeed solves that problem, but now litespeed won't connect to my existing SQL dbs for the wordpress scripts.

I get "Error in establishing database connection" in my browser when attempting to execute any entry to my SQL dbs. I'm assuming I somehow need to configure Litespeed to recognize MySQL?

I'm using MySQL 5, and the newest version of Litespeed (installed last night with a trial key)

I'd be willing to pay anyone to come and help me,

AIM= "EDDIE"
    SKYPE= "GMUNCH"
    EMAIL= "setauket (at) gmail (dot) com"

Just Joined!
    Its likely that wordpress will need to be reconfigured, if the db server names/ip's have changed during the migration. Depending on your setup, look for a 'wp-config.php' file where wordpress is installed.

If you're using the centos rpms for everything, you'll want to verify that php-mysql is installed.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by STanner View Post
    Its likely that wordpress will need to be reconfigured, if the db server names/ip's have changed during the migration. Depending on your setup, look for a 'wp-config.php' file where wordpress is installed. .

no if that were the case then Apache wouldn't be picking them up

this migration consisted of a direct cpanel backup being restored on the new server, nothing changed, exact db name, user, and password is identical on both boxes.

Just Joined!
    I don't have any experience w/ cpanel, so I'm not sure what happens with a backup/restore. Hopefully someone can chime in to help you.

Generally speaking, apache and litespeed aren't connecting to the db's directly, unless you're setting up DB-backed access controls or logging. The application (wordpress via php, cpanel via perl...) is making the connections to the db.