Find the answer to your Linux question:
can we create an active directory like domains ou etc. in linux. i want to make a domain controller in linux just as in windows 2003 server. please help me...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Active directory in linux

can we create an active directory like domains ou etc. in linux. i want to make a domain controller in linux just as in windows 2003 server. please help me

What distro you going to be using?

On fedora / CentOS its 389-ds, basically the RH version of openldap. Combine this with kerberos and a bit of PAM wizardry and you will be able to do exactly what AD does (AD is basically LDAP and kerberos under the pretty GUI surface).

Ive recently completed the RH LDAP / Directory Server course and use 389 quite a bit at work if you need some pointers

Quote Originally Posted by DT0X View Post
    What distro you going to be using?

On fedora / CentOS its 389-ds, basically the RH version of openldap. Combine this with kerberos and a bit of PAM wizardry and you will be able to do exactly what AD does (AD is basically LDAP and kerberos under the pretty GUI surface).

Ive recently completed the RH LDAP / Directory Server course and use 389 quite a bit at work if you need some pointers
    can you duplicate group policy and the ability to control the machine policy? Not just account permissions? Just curious because I didn't think anything was able to duplicate that yet.