Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I would like to setup a mail server in linux for a bulk mail sending application(above 300k mails) per day running in Windows(IIS). For that which Smtp Server is ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Linux Smtp Server

Hi,

I would like to setup a mail server in linux for a bulk mail sending application(above 300k mails) per day running in Windows(IIS).
    For that which Smtp Server is faster and relieable?
    Kindly respond to me as soon as possible.

Thanking you

Yours sincerely,
    Jestin

Linux Newbie
    refuses to help a spammer ;P

Just Joined!

Mail Server for Linux

Hi,

I am not a spammer.
    I want to setup a mail server in linux for a bulk mail sending application(above 100k mails) per day running in Windows(IIS).
    The reason is we had to send birthday cards, anniversary cards, and also on special occasions cards.
    Nearly we have 300k clients, to send mails on this coming thanks giving day.
    For that which Smtp Server is faster and reliable?
    Kindly do the needfull as soon as possible.

Thanking you,

Yours sincerely,
    Jestin

probably qmail is the lightest and most secure. Postfix is a little more powerful, and sendmail is chock full of options, but if you just need to send a bazillion e-mails, qmail should do the trick.

(take note, we are trusting that you are telling the truth and not a spammer)
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333

Just Joined!

Qmail Mail Server in Linux

Hi,
    I am interested in using Qmail Mail server in Linux. I was satisfied with the Qmail features. I would like to send around 100k mails(birthday cards, Thanksgiving cards,etc... ) to our clients per day. Currently I am using Windows 2000 platform and running IIS Server and our mails are send from IMailer Server.
    At present i would like to send mails from a linux OS using Qmail Mail Server and the applications are being runned in a Windows 2000 platform and runnning IIS Server.
    I would like to know whether Qmail Mail Server in linux supports(compacts with) IIS Server runnning in Win 2000 for processing mails and sending?
    If so i would like to know how could i configure my Win System and Linux System to send 100k mails per day?

I hope the above requirements mentioned are clear and kindky reply to me a soon as poosible.

I'm not sure I entirely understand the question... are you trying to have the 2 servers work in tandem? or just use a smtp compatable client from the MS machine send them via qmail?
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333

Just Joined!

Qmail Mail Server in Linux

Yes I need 2 servers working in tandem. One for application being run on IIS Server in Windows 2000 OS and another for sending mails in Linux platform using Qmail Mail Server.

Just Joined!
    umm I'm not a spammer either (honest!) but I need a similar sort of thing. Basically, I am a linux virgin, but need to set up a linux dedicated server with my webhost so that I can send out newsletters to registered members of my site, http://www.companiesthatblowgoats.com. My webhost, fasthosts, has a limit of on the number of emails that can be sent to no more than 50 within a 15 minute period.

My site is currently made using asp.net [ducks out the way of several flying knives] and I want to set up a linux smtp server to relay the newsletters on to the distribution list. I'll have to use CDOSYS to generate the emails using the addresses from the database, and then point to the smtp server using objMessage.Configuration.Fields.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserver") = "smtp.myserver.com" or something similar. I can get that far, but I'm not sure how to proceed from there. The linux box will be running red hat linux, but I dont know how to configure the smtp on it, or how to lock the relay down to prevent nasty spammers from using it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Myke Black
    www.mykeblack.com