Find the answer to your Linux question:
If I have 2 MySQL server and I want to replicate their database to only 1 server, is it possible? I cannot afford to have master-to-master only because I still ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

2 mysql replication to 1 machine

If I have 2 MySQL server and I want to replicate their database to only 1 server, is it possible? I cannot afford to have master-to-master only because I still need to replicate one more machine but I do not have anymore more spare machine for replication so I'm thinking if these 2 MySQL server can be replicate to only 1 machine.

If this is not possible, I guess I've no choice but to have two mysql daemon on that machine
    Last edited by packets; 04-05-2010 at 08:30 AM. Reason: email notification

Exclamation

If I have 2 MySQL server and I want to replicate their database to only 1 server, is it possible? I cannot afford to have master-to-master only because I still need to replicate one more machine but I do not have anymore more spare machine for replication so I'm thinking if these 2 MySQL server can be replicate to only 1 machine.
    Could you please explain more about this with example?
    My understanding is , you have two machines (say linux-1 and linux-2) running mysql - you want to take a mirroring of these two databases into third machine (linux-3) ?

Does the two mysql server (linux-1 , linux-2) has different data (different tables) ?
    First they ignore you,Then they laugh at you,Then they fight with you,Then you win. - M.K.Gandhi
    -----
    FOSS India Award winning ext3fs Undelete tool www.giis.co.in. Online Linux Terminal http://www.webminal.org

Linux Newbie
    My understanding is , you have two machines (say linux-1 and linux-2) running mysql - you want to take a mirroring of these two databases into third machine (linux-3) ?
    Yes.

Does the two mysql server (linux-1 , linux-2) has different data (different tables) ?
    Yes.

Linux Newbie
    would you recommend having two mysql daemon listening on different ports and bind to different ip's?

have you checked this thread about replication , http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/red...-software.html

Is that useful?
    First they ignore you,Then they laugh at you,Then they fight with you,Then you win. - M.K.Gandhi
    -----
    FOSS India Award winning ext3fs Undelete tool www.giis.co.in. Online Linux Terminal http://www.webminal.org