Results 1 to 2 of 2
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
- Join Date
- Apr 2010
server|configuration problem, a php script just die with no error log & no reason
I have a php script (is running like a process of linux, its not running on the web browser) that send SMS via SMPP on the port 2055 (using sockets in php) & then inserts like 10,000 rows into a dababase on MySQL, the script gets the data from a XML file; firts it was running in a shared server (Hostgator is our hosting provider) & at the begining it worked fine, with no trouble, but 5 months later an error appear, the process just die with no reason, the script only sent & inserted 700 rows in the table of the database & the process didnt show any warning or error, nothing appears in the error logs, & I didnt make any change in the script
Hostgator never helped us hahaha so we decided to move the script from the shared server to a dedicated server; I thought it was a memory problem or something like that, but when we move the script to the dedicated server the problem just get worse, the script die when has just sent & inserted 40 to 50 rows to the database
the information about this error:
- the shared server is on Red Hat 4.1.2-46 & the dedicated server is on CentOS 5.4
- I have commented the line that sends the SMS, & the problem remains
- in the shared server, at the begining the script was fine, but then the script started to die when has just inserted 700 aprox. in the database, & now the script is dying when has inserted 2500 rows, its better but we didnt change anything
- in the dedicated server, the script dies when has just inserted like 40 row in the table
- the script, before it dies, change to a zombie process & we dont know why
- the usage of memory appears to be 0.3%, and of the cpu appears to be 0.7% to 1%
- I have changed the max memory limit of php to 128Mb, and even to -1 (so php wont have any limit) but the problem remains
- we have the limit of 50 connections of mysql at the same time, so I think this is not the problem
- Im using mysqli to connect from php to mysql
- Hostgator report that they haven't made any change or update in the servers
what could be the problem?? what should I do??? what should I search??? is something in the logic Im missing?? what steps do I have to follow when managing & searching problems of process on Linux???
thank you very much, I think this is not a programming problem, but you have more experience than me, you can tell me
- Join Date
- Dec 2009
Have you checked how much time the script takes?
php has a second limit in the standard configuration.