Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello All, I have 4 servers running squid/3.1.1 proxy server. Since the latest version I can no longer FTP. I have posted this problem in multiple places but have received ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Squid 3.1.1 proxy server will not FTP

Hello All,

I have 4 servers running squid/3.1.1 proxy server. Since the latest version I can no longer FTP. I have posted this problem in multiple places but have received almost no response. I've found several other post to this problem throughout the Internet which have also gone unanswered. So, once again, I thought I'd give it a try.

As I said "I have 4 servers running the newest version of Squid". When I try to access an ftp, any ftp, I receive an error (check attached image). This was never a problem until just recently. Squid should work perfectly find with ftp, it is not a strictly http proxy.

I turned my firewall off just to make sure, still had the same issue. If I jump directly on the server itself with no proxy settings set in the browser it will work fine. As soon as I set the browser setting to access the Squid software I get the same error.

If I go look at the /var/log/squid/access.log file I see the following message:
    1273527600.117 51 172.17.137.11 TCP_REFRESH_UNMODIFIED/304 382 GET www-dot-squid-cache-dot-org/Artwork/SN.png - DIRECT/209.169.10.131 -

I've included my squid config (which is unchanged from the default settings), maybe somebody better versed than myself can point out an obvious flaw. Everything else seem to work just fine, it's only FTP that's a problem.

Thanks for any help
    Eric
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files