Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm looking into setting up a cluster with some old computers I have laying around. Is there an easy way to do this via a graphical tool or are all ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

linux cluster

I'm looking into setting up a cluster with some old computers I have laying around. Is there an easy way to do this via a graphical tool or are all the cluster services pretty complex?

Just Joined!
    What kind of cluster do you want to build? HA or HPC?
    I only build HA clusters with heartbeat and drbd, which is not that difficult and there are many tutorials around on the internet.

probably just an hpc cluster, I'm trying to combine all my old hardware to create a server that will do parallel processing between all the systems. I just want an easy tool to use so when I get linux loaded on all the systems, I can just use the one tool to set everything up. any thoughts? P.S. I've read that red hat and turbo linux has this built in, has anyone ever tried these?
    Last edited by hatebreed; 06-11-2010 at 07:46 PM.

Just Joined!
    At the following link you can find some information regarding HPC, eventhough they are talking about HA clusters. At the bottom you will find some examples of different directors.
    url= linuxvirtualserver.org/HighAvailability.html