Find the answer to your Linux question:
The e-mail service that comes with linux is it safe, when i say safe i mean no spam, should be confidential (VERY CONFIDENTIAL) , how much space do you get ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

E-MAIL Services Whats Best ???

The e-mail service that comes with linux is it safe, when i say safe i mean no spam, should be confidential (VERY CONFIDENTIAL) , how much space do you get ?,

Alternativly what netbased e-mail services do you people recommend ie hotmail/yahoo/earthlink/aol/boxfrog.

thanks

Linux Guru
    Does SuSE provide you with webmail? That's more than I knew.
    To be honest, I don't know much about public mail services anymore, since I run my own mail server at home. However, I strongly recommend against hotmail. I was using it before I got my own server stable, and you get spammed there. I remember before I quit using it, I was getting surely 40 spam mails per day, and I wasn't even using those email addresses publically.
    Nowadays, I do get spam even on this server on my own (how anyone got the address is kind of beyond me, but I have been part of several mailing lists and so, so maybe it's not that strange), but I filter everything through spamassassin, so it's really not a problem for me. It only lets through about one spam mail per month, so I'm not very troubled.

Linux User
    Hey dolda2000,

i was saw on the news recently that in some states in the usa, they have become so tired of spam that not only have they included sentences for it but that some states are employing high tech "bounty hunters" to get them.

Anyway i hope that all spammers are sentenced, by just add to peoples troubles.

I get about 35 spams a day, hotmails spam sucks.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Guru
    Bounty hunters? Are you sure? If that's true, then it's really cool! =)

Linux User
    Hey dolda2000

you said that you use your own mailserver well i wanted to ask, if you use your own mailserver can you make up your own email addresses like

dolda2000@dolda.com

or

dolda2000@usc.edu

so can you make up completely any e-mail address ?

Linux Guru
    Yeah, well I know that, but I often want people to be able to respond to my mails, though.