Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have a linux (red hat) machine joined to a windows 2003 domain controller for user authentication. The problem is that when a user connects to the linux machine either ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Override domain users primary group in samba

I have a linux (red hat) machine joined to a windows 2003 domain controller for user authentication.

The problem is that when a user connects to the linux machine either by ssh or samba the files they create have the default group of "domain users". I know this can be changed by changing their primary group on the domain controller however since we have several users, I was wondering if there is anyway to override this on the linux side with a login script or by some other automated way.

I am aware of the force group option in the smb.conf file but I would prefer to set this dynamically with a script so I can run the "net ads user info username" command and see what groups they are in and then set their primary group accordingly.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Just Joined!
    The force group with a plus option is the closest thing I can come up with for what I need.
    Code:
    force group = +group
    It doesn't do everything I need but it helps. If I could add multiple groups that would be great. Something like
    Code:
    #If user is in group1 set it as primary group, if in group2 set it as primary.
    force group = +group1, +group2
    Does anyone know if this is possible? I tried it and didn't seem to work.