Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi guys I'm working in the small company. On the everyone of computers in company using Microsoft Windows. One of the server(it email server) I want to set up Linux. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Linux email server

Hi guys
    I'm working in the small company. On the everyone of computers in company using Microsoft Windows. One of the server(it email server) I want to set up Linux. I don't newbie in the world of Linux. I used Linux about two years in my home. It was Ubuntu, LinuxMint, OpenSUSE, CentOS(few), but I never used Linux at the server. I need your tip!
    What kind of Linux distribution more approach for Linux server?
    Except Red Hat and CentOS Which one still?

Are you trying to Setup Linux mail server? I prefer Fedora ..Why not Centos ?
    Which mail server you want ? sendmail or postfix ? Sendmail is bit hard to configure than posix.
    First they ignore you,Then they laugh at you,Then they fight with you,Then you win. - M.K.Gandhi
    -----
    FOSS India Award winning ext3fs Undelete tool www.giis.co.in. Online Linux Terminal http://www.webminal.org

RDU
    Just Joined!
    Depend if you need only mail or collaborative (your windows users are maybe used to use outlook and exchange server).

If you use only mail, I'll go for postfix (easier to configure)
    If you need copllaborative work, I'll go to Kolab (good and open source, but outlook integration is not so good).

If you accept to use comercial but very cheap product, I suggest Zarafa or beter Kerio. They are outlook compliant, collaborative (calendar, contact, ...), have a good web-access and Kerio is also very nice for management tool.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakshmipathi View Post
    Are you trying to Setup Linux mail server? I prefer Fedora ..Why not Centos ?
    First I'm trying setup mail server in my home(On the VMware) and after I understood how configure mail serve I'll be setup in my work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakshmipathi View Post
    Which mail server you want ? sendmail or postfix ? Sendmail is bit hard to configure than posix.
    Yeah, I heard that sendmail hard configure. I'll be setup Posfix
    RDU
    Now at work using mail server MDaemon. On the everyone computers of users using mail client The Bat and only one computer using Outlook

Just Joined!
    Someone could give me good tutorial How to setup Linux emal server. Be better if it has images Please