Find the answer to your Linux question:
As per our requirement, I need to implement a Secure FTP server for around 500 users which includes security level on both - Transfer and Rest data. Apart from this ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Smile Secure FTP Server

As per our requirement, I need to implement a Secure FTP server for around 500 users which includes security level on both - Transfer and Rest data. Apart from this I also need the following features -
    1. Size quota on Users & reminder mails for the same
    2. Password expiry notifications and user interface to change their password within specified time interval
    3. Aging of data - After specified time, data will be moved to some other location from their home directory
    4. All type of log maintenace for each file and user and log exporting
    5. Uploading & Downloading speed consistency as per server level.
    6. Read-write interface for user and read-only interface for their client for the same account.
    7. Backup and Recovery options.

As of now, I am using VSFTPD which does not give these much of features in combine. Please advise if someone is already using these features

Maybe you look at it from the wrong angle.
    Most of the points you listed I wouldn't expect to be done by the FTP server program.
    Instead, I would have shell scripts take care of it.

For example point 3. Why not have a cron job do the work?
    Debian GNU/Linux -- You know you want it.

Just Joined!
    Yes, you are right that No current FTP daemon gives these functionality in combine. But still there are some paid software(s) which are customized to give such features. My concern is to have those listed to pick any one best.

Thanks anyway.