Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Hi, I have installed OTRS on a Centos Machine, When I tried to configure the data base using a browser by accessing installer.pl it is showing this error Permission denied ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    vkv
    Just Joined!

Question installing OTRS

Hi,

I have installed OTRS on a Centos Machine,

When I tried to configure the data base using a browser by accessing installer.pl

it is showing this error

Permission denied at /opt/otrs/bin/cgi-bin/../../Kernel/System/Log.pm line 230.

When I tried to access the Otrs folder through the same browser it is showing permission denied

But my apache works fine

Please Help me out in this issue , I need to install a ticketing system on my server

Or else Please help me out to find out a good ticketing system to install in server so that all client machine can access that, Our client machines are UBUNTU,WIN7,WIN vista

Please Help me

Just Joined!
    Hi vkv,

I am not a expert and also i have not used OTRS before but sorry if these sounds abit stupid, have you made sure that the directories have the right permissions and also make sure the .pl file is executable.

Only a suggestion though!

vkv
    Just Joined!
    All directories have the right permissions and when i tried to access the otrs folder using a browser from a Client it is showing like "You are forbidden to use this folder"

The .pl file is executable I checked

So is this a permission issue or software issue?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Sorry for the late reply i have been a bit busy.

I have done abit of perl , but not a great deal so if anyone can correct me if im wrong that will be great. I believe it is a permission problem somewhere as if there was any errors with the file etc it would come up internal error, but there could be 2 other possible causes for this.

I guess your using apache ?

If not i cant give any advice has i really only use apache. If it is apache, perl files normally run in the /cgi-bin directory but can also use any other directory if its setup right in the apache virtual host. ( I see its running in /opt, problem could be there ie permissions! )

Have you run other perl files before on the web server and do they do the same?

The last thing i can think of is its possible there's a .htaccess file in the OTRS directory which is overriding the normal permission stopping it being accessed.
    Other than these i can't think of any thing else what could be wrong, i'm sure its something simple as in the configuration in the .htaccess or something wrong in the apache virtual host, but if you have run other perl scripts before then it won't be the apache configuration.

Sorry i can't much help , as i said i have done a bit of this but not alot.

vkv
    Just Joined!
    Thanks for the reply. Lemme check out that and I'll update you

Just Joined!
    Thats ok, hope it helps you! Yeh np !

vkv
    Just Joined!
    I checked, I can Run other .pl files, So i think the issue is with otrs. What I have to change in the .htaccess file to change the permissions ? Please help me

Thanks in Advance

Just Joined!
    Right ok, i have downloaded the otrs myself and i can not see a .htaccess file anywhere so it wont be this.

Have you disabled selinux if not do this :-

If you are using gui go to the selinux settings in Settings > Administration > selinux management and select disabled then restart machine

Or if at the commandline as root "nano /etc/selinux/config then where it says SELINUX

change to

SELINUX=disabled and save it

then restart machine

then once started up run the commands

service httpd start
    service mysqld start
    service otrs start

again then go back to the broswer and rerun the installer.pl then it should work

vkv
    Just Joined!
    Sorry to disturb you like this ,

I already disabled SELINUX , The the funny part is the same package worked on other Centos machine. only in this machine it is not working

Advance Thanks

Just Joined!
    Right ok that seems abit weird has i have tried it on rhel which centos is based on and i get the same error when running the installer.pl what you get, but it ggoes away when disabling selinux. So i would suggest re-downaloding and installing the otrs package again has if another machine with centos works and the other one dont, then there must be something wrong with the package.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast