Find the answer to your Linux question:
I setup a ventrilo server on a virtual ubuntu machine and I cannot connect to it throught my router. I can on my local area network but if I try ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Ubuntu 10.04 Ventrilo Server port forwarding issue

I setup a ventrilo server on a virtual ubuntu machine and I cannot connect to it throught my router.

I can on my local area network but if I try to connect to it on the out side through a ventrilo client I cannot get to it, but it does work with telnet if I telnet to the port I get through just fine.

any ideas on that?

the vent server will not see the vent client connecting from the outside but it does see the telnet connection.

I have both udp and tcp enabled for port 3784.

any help would be great thanks

does your router have port forwarding enabled and pointing to the right machine? It isn't enough to just have the ports open on the router, they must point to the machine in question

Just Joined!
    its setup to the correct internal ip the odd thing is that I can telnet to the server and the ventrilio_srv program sees the telnet connection,but if I try and use vent client nothing comes in. I wonder if my isp is blocking vent connections. I have no idea. does anyone know how to change the default port on vent form 3784 to somethign else?

should be some config file where you specify the port, but 3784 is an odd port anyway, i would be surprised if it is blocked

do you have firewall enabled on ubuntu machine?