Find the answer to your Linux question:
We have multiple administrators within our small organization and we need to be able to document the changes that they have made when working on a server. For simplicity sake, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Change Management Software

We have multiple administrators within our small organization and we need to be able to document the changes that they have made when working on a server. For simplicity sake, it would be nice to have an online site that can look at things by server, date, etc.

What would be the best solution to this problem? Is there an industry standard for this sort of thing?

Just Joined!
    Itil describes best practices and guidelines for change management

wiki.en.it-processmaps.com/index.php/Change_Management

--edit: eek, its prolly worth mentioning the following software is windows based

first i'd look at Spice works

spiceworks.com/free-change-management-software/

next, Service desk plus

manageengine.com/products/service-desk/itil-change-management.html

or make a home brew access db
    Last edited by techstress; 10-11-2010 at 04:42 PM.

Agreed. Spice Works is what my company uses to document server management. Create a "Management Documentation" ticket and comments will generate by user in dated entries. Not to mention the other excellent management options available with Spice Works.

Otherwise I might look into a Media Wiki or something where admins could log in and document their changes. This would be easier to backup and manage for possible migrations in the future.