Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello. Rather pessimistic about this problem but here goes: My office is using a sophos web appliance as an explicit proxy. One of our sister companies decided to use our ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Squid Proxy and Sophos Web Appliance

Hello. Rather pessimistic about this problem but here goes:

My office is using a sophos web appliance as an explicit proxy. One of our sister companies decided to use our sophos proxy as it provides antivirus and web filtering. They are already using squid running on a Fedora server as an internal proxy, so they configured squid to use the sophos as a cache parent.

Everything works fine except when accessing one particular website. The website is using SSL. Users can log in but *sometimes* they get a "(110)Connection timed out" error when navigating the site.

The problem occurs only when accessing via squid. When users have their browsers configured to use the sophos appliance directly, the problem does not occur.

Just wondering if anyone has encountered a similar issue when using squid. Any help would be most appreciated.

Just Joined!

same problem

I think the problem is with squid.I'm also behind the squid proxy.Sometimes it works fine but other time it shows '110 connection timed out'.When i use proxyless connection at home it works fine.
    Searched google but no luck so far.

Are you sure you do not have any firewall preventing SSL except for your Squid IP address? could you send SQUID log ?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close