Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Angry vsFTP and SSL from behind firewall

setting up my vsFTP on a fedora 13 in order to be able to use a secure FTP connection from my office to my home network.

I googled, read out vsFTP faq and followed all instructions, still not able to connect from outside my network.

I am looking for a step by step procedure on how to setup vsFTP use ssl, this is done and when I access it with my preferred tool (filezilla), I only can connect using FTPES protocole and it works fine inside my network

However, when I try to connect from outside the network, whatever tool I use it gets stuck. I opened ports on my firewall, tried 21 with force ssl, another config I used port 13500 TCP

All works fine from inside when I use
    url: mylinux
    port: whatever port I coinfigure
    protocol : FTPES (FTPS doesnt work nor sFTP-SSH)
    but not when I use with whatever port, whatever protocol
    I modified my vsftp.conf as
    listen_port = 13500
    listen_address =
    If you kindly can provide me with any hin

On my netgear firewal I authorized
    TCP port 13500 to my linux machine
    If you kindly can provide me with any hints or tips to put me in the right direction, I really would appreciate it

So many thanks in advance

Houston, Tx
    What error are you getting on the client side when you are connecting? Is there any specific out puts in /var/log/vsftpd.log in regards to this issue? Also just have to ask are you fowarding the port on your router or opening it?