Find the answer to your Linux question:
setting up my vsFTP on a fedora 13 in order to be able to use a secure FTP connection from my office to my home network. I googled, read out ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Angry vsFTP and SSL from behind firewall

setting up my vsFTP on a fedora 13 in order to be able to use a secure FTP connection from my office to my home network.

I googled, read out vsFTP faq and followed all instructions, still not able to connect from outside my network.

I am looking for a step by step procedure on how to setup vsFTP use ssl, this is done and when I access it with my preferred tool (filezilla), I only can connect using FTPES protocole and it works fine inside my network

However, when I try to connect from outside the network, whatever tool I use it gets stuck. I opened ports on my firewall, tried 21 with force ssl, another config I used port 13500 TCP

All works fine from inside when I use
    url: mylinux
    port: whatever port I coinfigure
    protocol : FTPES (FTPS doesnt work nor sFTP-SSH)
    but not when I use
    salam.mydomain.fr with whatever port, whatever protocol
    I modified my vsftp.conf as
    Code:
    listen_port = 13500
    listen_address = 192.168.1.11
    If you kindly can provide me with any hin

On my netgear firewal I authorized
    Code:
    TCP port 13500 to my linux machine
    If you kindly can provide me with any hints or tips to put me in the right direction, I really would appreciate it

So many thanks in advance

What error are you getting on the client side when you are connecting? Is there any specific out puts in /var/log/vsftpd.log in regards to this issue? Also just have to ask are you fowarding the port on your router or opening it?