Find the answer to your Linux question:
Alright, some info: fedora core, everything required for mail server, postfix, dovecot, I have a few domains, lets say oberek_dot_ca In mySQL i have a bunch of aliases, and pat_at_oberek_dot_ca ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

getting user email + postfix

Alright, some info:
    fedora core, everything required for mail server, postfix, dovecot,

I have a few domains, lets say oberek_dot_ca
    In mySQL i have a bunch of aliases, and pat_at_oberek_dot_ca forwards to pat_at_gmail.com or whatnot works no problem

now I want to the server to store emails, so pat2_at_oberek_dot_ca goes to /var/mail/<user> and not /var/mail/virtual/<user>

If I have pat2 in mysql aliases, it acts like virtual user and goes there, if I remove pat2, the email bounces saying

Code:
    <pat2_at_oberek_dot_ca>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table
    I use webmin and created a user pat2 with some temp password, with nologin for ssh
    added
    pat2at2
    to /etc/postfix/aliases
    and still nothing, not sure why it is looking for virtual mailbox. I think I may have screwed up either the user or maybe my main.cf has issues.

If I move the mail from virtual folder down one step, I can use squirrelmail to see it all, but anything sent ends up in virtual.

Been working at this for the last 3 days and am still stumped, so I have to resort to asking a question :P

Thanks in advance,
    Pat

Just Joined!
    finally got it working. thanks for those who looked

I had 2 problems,
    first off, i had my domain in $mydestination as well as in mySQL under virtual domains

second off, i had local_recipient = blank in the main.cf

fixed it up, set up maildir instead of mbox (cause its better) and its all working like a charm.

Pat