Find the answer to your Linux question:
I would like to setup a linux server that can serve out windows media 9. I admit I am new to linux and don't even know if this is possible. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

I need a linux alternate that will serve out Windows media 9

I would like to setup a linux server that can serve out windows media 9. I admit I am new to linux and don't even know if this is possible. I know there are many people out on ebay offereing alternate versions of windows 2003 server that say they will serve out windows media, but don't say if they will serve out version 9 media.
    I would appreciate it very much if someone knew of a free or low cost alternative that would serve out windows media version 9 and pass along a name and any other info they would like to share.

Thanks,

Steve

Linux Enthusiast
    If you don't mind paying for it, you can stream Windows Media 9 with Real's Helix server. If you are looking for a free implementation, you will probably want to go with the Darwin server. However, please be aware that this is difficult, if not impossible to get working in a NATted environment (like if you are behind a firewall).

Best,

Samuel
    I respectfully decline the invitation to join your delusion.