Find the answer to your Linux question:
First of all. Hi at all. I'm new in this board. I set up a RedHat 9 server which should work as DDNS. DNS and DHCP works well. But if ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

DDNS Time Out

First of all. Hi at all. I'm new in this board.

I set up a RedHat 9 server which should work as DDNS. DNS and DHCP works well. But if the DHCP should update the DNS i get the following error in /var/log/messages

if IN A tstclnt.testdomain.com domain doesn't exist add 10800 IN A tstclnt.testdomain.com 10.4.4.200 add 10800 IN TXT tstclnt.testdomain.com "314d9f82af6cea2d5ca5fc5e761fa802d7" : bad DNS key. (old message was DNS Time Out)
    could some one tell me, how to resolve the time out problem? if you need any config file, please tell me and I'll post them.

thx.

Just Joined!
    no one here with an idea?

Linux Enthusiast
    Sorry, no. Looks like you are doing something with DNS that is a bit over my head. Just in case, why don't you clarify a bit more? I am not familiar with the Dynamic DNS setup, so any information is good information. Post your current setup. Which files do what, and how it is supposed to work.

Sometimes things as esoteric as this are just tough to get answered on a message board, since there aren't as many people familiar with it.

Best,

Samuel
    I respectfully decline the invitation to join your delusion.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close