Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, Last 2 days I've browsed the web for good VPN soultions for linux. I've tried OpenVPN and got it to work, but I'm not impressed and I really think ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

VPN solution on a VPS

Hi,

Last 2 days I've browsed the web for good VPN soultions for linux. I've tried OpenVPN and got it to work, but I'm not impressed and I really think this VPN solution sucks.

I'm running on a Debian VPS with TUN/TAP mode enabled.

I need a SIMPLE and good VPN solution. I *DON'T* want to use OpenVPN. I am looking for another solution.

I've tried setting up a PPTP on the server, but with no luck. Keep getting a 619 Error message. I came to the conclusion that it is not possible to set up PPTPD on a VPS with an venet0:0 global assigned IP address.

So what else could I use?

Just Joined!
    which features do U need?

what is for U "good vpn solution" ?

openVPN is fine software.

Little bit of scripting, and it should work smooth

btw.. error 619 - it's your firewall issue on client side

BR
    Dino

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by vizinger View Post
    which features do U need?

what is for U "good vpn solution" ?

openVPN is fine software.

Little bit of scripting, and it should work smooth

btw.. error 619 - it's your firewall issue on client side

BR
    Dino
    Well, for me a good VPN solution is something that does not require extra software on every client, or generation of certificates for each client, and copying and pasting configurations and certificates and keys to every new client, like OpenVPN. My clients should be able to connect to the VPN server through the standard Windows new connection wizard...

I've tried looking closer to PPTP but it seems like PPP is not enabled on my VPS. Also, PPTP is not a very secure choice. Do you know any other VPN technologies for Linux that would work?