Find the answer to your Linux question:
I知 setting up an FTP server, and I知 looking for an easy way to manage users and log their activity. I知 looking for something with a web GUI simple enough ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

FTP user management web GUI?

I知 setting up an FTP server, and I知 looking for an easy way to manage users and log their activity. I知 looking for something with a web GUI simple enough that I can delegate some user creation tasks to non-admin types.

I致e been trying to get proFTPd Administrator to work for a few days now with very little success. It seems to have everything that I知 looking for, but I知 afraid that even if I do get it to work, my extensive modifications will compromise the stability of the server.

I知 not tied to any distro (prefer Debian), and I知 not tied to any specific FTP server. It can include others like WebDav or HTTPS, but it must also include simple FTP.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Mark

two things to look at.

webmin - this allows a web interface that configures many aspects of your system. It as a branch called usermin for non-administrator users

proma - this is a web based administration targeted speciffically for proftpd