Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have been running MERCURY SMTP server for quite some years now. I liked it so much that I was running it in WINE on my Linux system. Recently I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Banned

Anyone know of good SMTP software?

I have been running MERCURY SMTP server for quite some years now. I liked it so much that I was running it in WINE on my Linux system.

Recently I went out out and bought a copy of Windows 7 Home Premium as I couldn't stand being able to play iD Software games on my Linux machine only (iD are a great company).

Booting into Windows meant my servers were down, as they ran from my Linux partition, so this is what I proposed:

i54.tinypic.com/n2juo3.png

The issue I faced was that MERCURY is not fully Windows 7 compatible and the mail client that works with it PMAIL is not able to map source directories through the network.

I pissed off PMAIL for Thunderbird and haven't looked back. Its cross-platform too. ... and trying to get MERCURY working has exceeded its worthiness.

What I'm after now is freeware (preferably open sourced) SMTP software that can run both natively on Linux and Windows, as this would allow me to **** off the virtual machine.
    I also don't have allot of time in life like I use to, so I am also looking for something very easy and simple to setup and use - something with a GUI.

Does anyone know any software that suits this description?

postfix or sendmail as server?

Banned
    Please read my post again.

Done, and now? That image is still confusing and based on Your post I still guess You're after something like postfix or sendmail that runs on a machine that is not bootet into another operating system than the one on which the mailserver runs. I do not not ANY software that can run at the same time on windows and *nix.