Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey there, So I'm attempting to install Samba 3.5.8 on a QNX 6.5.0 machine and I'm running in to several issues. When trying to run configure with the following parameters: ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Installing Samba 3.5.8 on a QNX 6.5.0 machine

Hey there,

So I'm attempting to install Samba 3.5.8 on a QNX 6.5.0 machine and I'm running in to several issues. When trying to run configure with the following parameters:

./configure -enable-debug -enable-pthreadpool -enable-developer

the configuration fails on checking configure summary. The actual output is:

Using libraries:
    LIBS = -lsocket -lpthreads
    DMSSD LIBS =
    AUTH_LIBS=
    checking configure summary... configure: error: summary failure. Aborting config

It is possible to run make even when the configure fails but then I run into the compiler not being able to link to -lpthread. To work around this I modified the Makefile to not like to -lpthread and got Samba to compile and, I guess, partially install. the nmbd and smbd can be executed but smbd can not be connected too from a windows machine. Log files show that there is an issue with sockets.

I've done a lot of tweaking to get it this far and I feel there must be an easier way. Has anyone else successfully installed Samba on QNX and if so can you share how you did it? Thanks in advance!

-GerberBaby
    Last edited by GerberBaby; 05-02-2011 at 02:26 PM.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    I just installed QNX 6.5.0 in a VM on my SL6 system tonight. I'll give it a try and get back to you, but it will probably be awhile before I do. I know that they easily support mounting cifs (samba) file systems from QNX that are on remote Linux and Windows systems, but I haven't tried installing Samba from scratch using QNX as a host. Have you posted your question on the user forums at qnx.com?
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    Rubberman,
    Thanks for giving this a shot. I've posed this question on a qnx forum too. Let me know what you come up with when you get to it. Thanks again.